Anniversaries remind us of important milestones in our lives. This can be private events like engagements and weddings or work-related ones, such as setting up a company. So today we will look at the different ways how to say Happy Anniversary in Italian.
Not everyone pays much attention to anniversaries, though they are a good possibility to look back and cherish how these important events changed our lives. But the one anniversary most people like to celebrate is their own birthday.
Table of Contents
- Happy Birthday in Italian
- General Form for Happy Anniversary in Italian
- Happy Wedding Anniversary in Italian
- Happy Anniversary in Italian for Milestone Wedding Anniversaries
Happy Birthday in Italian
The basic version for “Happy Birthday” is Buon Compleanno. We also have a post containing more birthday wishes in Italian.
General Form for Happy Anniversary in Italian
In case you want to keep it more general, the basic versions for “Happy Anniversary” in the Italian language are Buon Anniversario or Felice Anniversario.
Happy Wedding Anniversary in Italian
Apart from birthdays, weddings are the anniversaries we celebrate most often. A loving partner can keep you happy for the rest of your life, so it’s no wonder we see weddings as one of the most important milestones in our life.
- Felice anniversario di matrimonio – Happy wedding anniversary
- Congratulazioni per il vostro anniversario (di matrimonio) – Congratulations on your (wedding) anniversary
- Tanti auguri per il giorno del vostro anniversario (di matrimonio) – Lots of love for your (wedding) anniversary
- Il nostro caloroso anniversario augura a due cari amici che significano tanto per noi – Our warm anniversary wishes to two dear friends who mean so much to us
- Augurando ad una coppia perfetta un giorno perfettamente felice – Wishing a perfect pair a perfectly happy day
- Mandare tanto amore e auguri a una delle nostre coppie preferite – Sending lots of love and good wishes to one of our most favorite couples
- È così bello che due delle mie persone preferite siano sposate l’una con l’altra. A molti altri anni fantastici! – It is so awesome that two of my favorite people are married to one another. Here’s to many more great years!
- A un altro anno di grandi cose insieme – Here’s to another year of being great together
- Se ci fosse un premio per il miglior matrimonio, voi due lo vincereste sicuramente – If there was an award for best marriage, you two would certainly win it
In case you want to add more affection to your wishes, you might want to take a look at our article on Italian love words.
Happy Anniversary in Italian for Milestone Wedding Anniversaries
In many countries, we associate certain materials with specific wedding anniversaries. The materials differ occasionally, but the most important ones are usually the same. So let’s find out out how to say happy wedding anniversary in Italian for these special milestone anniversaries.
|5||all the best for your wood wedding anniversary||felice anniversario di legno|
|10||all the best for your aluminum wedding anniversary||felice anniversario di alluminio|
|15||all the best for your crystal wedding anniversary||felice anniversario di cristallo|
|20||all the best for your porcelain wedding anniversary||felice anniversario di porcellana|
|25||all the best for your silver wedding anniversary||felice anniversario d’argento|
|30||all the best for your pearl wedding anniversary||felice anniversario di perla|
|35||all the best for your coral wedding anniversary||felice anniversario di corallo|
|40||all the best for your ruby wedding anniversary||felice anniversario di rubino|
|50||all the best for your gold wedding anniversary||felice anniversario d’oro|
|60||all the best for your diamond wedding anniversary||felice anniversario di diamanti|
In Italy, Roman Catholics may also apply for a Papal blessing for wedding anniversaries of a really special nature (25th, 50th, 60th, etc.)
Now you know how to say happy anniversary in Italian. So there’s no reason anymore to postpone writing that greeting card or e-mail! 😉 Go ahead and do it, I know the receiving couple will appreciate it!