In this post we’ll look at the different ways how to say Happy Anniversary in German.
Anniversaries are always special occasions. They remind us of important things in our lives: a happy relationship, a fulfilling job or simply a birthday.
Remembering these special days in our lives helps us to remember what we have been given in life and how fortunate we can feel. Let’s celebrate these anniversaries as integral parts of a fulfilled life.
Table of Contents
- General Form for Happy Anniversary in German
- Happy Birthday in German
- Happy New Year in German
- Happy Wedding Anniversary in German
- Happy Anniversary in German for Milestone Wedding Anniversaries
General Form for Happy Anniversary in German
In the event that you wish to keep it more generic, the most fundamental versions for “Happy Anniversary” in German language are
- Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Jahrestag — Cordial congratulations on your anniversary
- Alles Gute zum Jahrestag — All the best for your anniversary
- Meinen Glückwunsch zum Jubiläum — My congratulation on your anniversary
Happy Birthday in German
Not everyone puts much emphasis on anniversaries, but the one anniversary which most people celebrate is their own birthday.
The basic version for “Happy Birthday” is Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag!
Happy New Year in German
Well, I guess it is an anniversary which we celebrate every year, so it has to be included: I’m talking about the New Year. There are several ways you can congratulate a German on New Year. You can read more about it in our article on new year in German.
But the most used version on this special date is: Frohes neues Jahr! Which is the literal translation of happy new year.
Happy Wedding Anniversary in German
Aside from birthdays, weddings are the anniversaries we most commonly celebrate. A caring partner will make you a happy person for your whole life. No wonder then that we consider weddings as one of the most meaningful landmarks in our lives.
- Alles Gute zum Hochzeitstag — All the best for your wedding anniversary
- Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Hochzeitstag — Congratulations on your wedding anniversary
- Frohen Hochzeitstag — Happy wedding anniversary
- Alles Liebe zum Hochzeitstag — Lots of love for your wedding anniversary
- Unsere herzlichen Glückwünsche zum Hochzeitstag für zwei liebe Freunde, die uns so viel bedeuten — Our warm anniversary wishes to two dear friends who mean so much to us
- Wir wünschen einem perfekten Paar einen perfekten glücklichen Tag — Wishing a perfect pair a perfectly happy day
- Es ist einfach großartig, dass zwei meiner Lieblingsmenschen miteinander verheiratet sind. Auf viele weitere tolle Jahre! — It’s just great that two of my favorite people are married to each other. Here’s to many more great years!
- Viel Liebe und gute Wünsche für eines unserer Lieblingspaare — Much love and good wishes for one of our favorite couples
- Auf ein weiteres Jahr, in dem ihr gemeinsam großartig seid! — Here’s to another year of being great together!
- Euch beiden einen frohen Hochzeitstag! — A happy anniversary to both of you!
- Wenn es einen Preis für die beste Ehe gäbe, würdet ihr zwei ihn sicher gewinnen — If there was a prize for the best marriage, you two would surely win it
If you want to express your wishes to more extent, you should take a look at our article about love words in German.
Happy Anniversary in German for Milestone Wedding Anniversaries
In most countries certain materials are associated with significant milestone wedding anniversaries. The materials differ occasionally, especially for the smaller milestones there are also some names which are only used in certain areas of Germany. But the most important wedding anniversaries are usually named after the same material as in English.
So let’s see out how to congratulate in German on these special wedding anniversaries.